Good 'Day Off' Monday!
Well, Week #1 is complete, and what a week it's been! Teaching, praying, learning, hearing, crying, giggling, bonding, repenting, relieving, GROWING IN HIM! Yay God!
Friday night was the first of the four weekend services at IHOP's Forerunner Christian Fellowship building (FCF), and the building was packed out with young people. Their energy and enthusiasm for Jesus is awesome to watch. Teenagers were praying for other teenagers to be healed, and God answered their prayers. One young lady who was prayed for near me asked for healing of scoliosis. She had an 80% straightening of her spine, and when she left the platform people were praying for 100%. Our God is so amazing!
Saturday the Simeons had the morning off, and then time in the prayer room from 1 PM to 5 PM. It was the first time I wore my earplugs, and what a huge difference they made in my being able to pray, read the Word, and listen to the Lord, while still being able to participate in the worship. All I can say is 'Earplugs: don't leave home without them!'
On Sunday mornings the Simeons are in service as ushers, either at the 8:30 or the 10:45 service. I've been assigned to the second service. Section 3 will be my section for the remaining 10 weeks of the internship. It's the section where moms can bring their babies and their babies' strollers. It was so much fun! There were probably six moms and babies, even a set of twins. All were quiet, there were no criers, and all so beautiful! The grandma in me definitely rose to the surface Sunday morning.
The speaker Sunday was Benjamin Nolot, the IHOPKC leader of Exodus Cry, a ministry that fights against human sex trafficking around the world. Benji gave a powerful teaching from Isaiah 1:17, 'rebuking the oppressor'. I've heard the term 'human trafficking' many times, but never looked beneath the surface to learn what it really means. It was a painful but inspiring message that broke down yet another barrier to my 'I can't get involved' mindset.
From 2 PM to 6 PM Sundays we are back in the prayer room. During the hours from 4 - 6, Simeons and Intro interns participate in what's called 'on the wall' from Isaiah 62:6&7 - 'I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they shall never hold their peace day or night. You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent, and give Him no rest till He establishes and till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.'
During those two hours we sit at the front of the room and enter into the prayer and worship that is going on. Intercession speaks to specific needs around the world and in America, and on Sundays from 4 - 6 the needs of the 5 million orphans in Uganda are brought before God's throne of mercy and grace. Revival in America is also petitioned for, but the main prayer purpose is for the orphans in Uganda.
THOUGHTS FOR MONDAY: Of all the 'AhhHa' moments of the week, and there were many, the one that stands out most was my encounter with the Holy Spirit right after I arrived at the prayer room Sunday afternoon. As I got comfortable in my seat, I looked at the monitor where the words of the worship song being sung are displayed. Often there is a message beneath the lyrics of what else is going on in the prayer room, such as 'Healing Rooms are now open', or 'Intercession for Turkey is going on in Room 3'.
As I watched the monitor, the message 'All are welcomed to join in Room 2 in strategic intercession against human trafficking' scrolled across the bottom. Now remember, I had just left FCF and a powerful message on human sex trafficking. It just 'happened' that when I came into the prayer room I sat in the section right outside of Room 2. The doors to the side rooms are full glass, so I could look over and see people in deep prayer. I continued to watch the message scroll across the monitor, and to glance sideways at those in the room engaged in prayer. I was having a discussion with myself: 'You really should go in to pray with them.' when Holy Spirit began to whisper to me: "I want you to go in and join them." I'm ashamed to say that my reaction was not an immediate 'yes!'. In fact, it was just the opposite: 'No, no, no, no, no....me? Not me! I don't know anyone in there. I've only been here one week. I don't know anything about human trafficking. Please, don't ask me to do this." But He was persistent, yet so kind with His still, small voice: "I want you to go in and join them." It was such a clear command! And as I continued to negotiate, I began to realize the consequences I set for myself if I refused to respond with my 'yes' to such a prompting. I knew that at some time in the near future I would seek to hear His voice, and I knew in my heart that I wouldn't. The silence of His voice in my life was more overwhelming to me than the 'I can't' fear I was experiencing at that moment about joining the intercessors. And then, the final nudge from Holy Spirit, although it could have been my own thoughts, was 'You're an intercessor. That's what you're here for.' Yup God, You are SO right, that IS what I'm here for: to grow closer to You in every area of my life, but especially in obedience to Your 'still, small voice.'
There was a gentleman sitting right in front of me who got up and went into Room 2 during the time I was negotiating with Holy Spirit. My reaction was pretty swift. I thought 'Now!' so that I could slip into the room while the door was open and not draw attention to myself. Actually, the side rooms are about the size of large, walk-in closets. There was really no way to slip in unnoticed and sit in the back of the room, since there was no back of the room! And, surprise! Nothing was required of me. I wasn't compelled or expected to pray out loud, so I prayed in the Spirit and let those with the knowledge of the epidemic of human trafficking pray with their understanding. The focus Sunday was London and the Soho district, and the upcoming Olympics. Thank You, God, for Your loving kindness towards me, even in the foolishness of my fear.
So, what's up for me today, my day off? Well, I'm heading downtown, to a three-level shopping mall called Crown Center. I'm not going there to shop, but to get in some hard walking. We sit a good portion of the day, although my 'spirit of pacing' has returned, and I'm moving about in the prayer room and in the classrooms a lot more than I did the first few days I was here. It's time for me to flee my 'cave', which I've affectionately begun to call my bedroom, and get out into the sunshine.
Be blessed today in Him, from Whom ALL blessings flow!
With Affection and His Love,
Kathy
Hi Kathy, I have just read every word of all your blogs! They are just AMAZING. Thanks so much for taking us on this journey with you! I am so happy for you! I know the Lord will "wreck" you in the best way! Of course, He will then put you back together in an even better way!! Hang on tight to Him, it will be a great ride!! Proud of you!! Love & blessings, Mary Jill
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteJust Awesome! Abba Father is so amamzingly majestic and glorious, but his voice speaks to us in a way that we need to hear Him and subsequently obey, too. What a confirming word from Him that "you are an intecessor and this IS the reason why you are here". You have had such an amazing week that others who read these blogs may only dream about experiencing what you experiencing. Yet the truth is we have such a tangible and experiential Abba Father that wherever He has us we can experience Him to the FULL!!
ReplyDeleteBe Blessed - Gary