Hello All! I know it's Monday, but I got caught up in all the weekend things going on, so here is the post from Saturday. It was the first day of a full schedule, with ministry and teaching time in the morning, and then homework and the prayer room in the afternoon. I felt like I was finally getting into the meat of why I had been called here to Kansas City.
Prior to the start of our session on Saturday morning, I woke up very early with a heavy burden for an area in my life that I had been asking God to deal with in me for over a year. Understanding and restoration, though, came from a totally unexpected perspective, one that I would never have seen for myself. Yet it made perfect sense when seen through the eyes of the Holy Spirit. I found myself weeping before I even left the house, my own spirit being so tender before the Lord that all I could do was repent and let Him love on me. When I arrived for the morning session, we began with a time of worship and ministry during which I received prayer, and was given an encouraging prophetic word that I was on the correct course and am held in high esteem by my heavenly Father. Wow, yay God!
During the morning session, besides the initial ministry time, we were given several more orientation talks, mostly about the different areas of service that we will be called to on campus. There was also information to give people who might want to support us while we are at IHOPKC. Then began our teaching on 'consecration'. Regan, who is the Intro to IHOP and Simeon Company Track II senior core leader, spoke on setting aside the next three months, consecrating ourselves to be wholly focused on God and His yearnings for us in deeper relationship with Him. We were encouraged, during the twelve weeks of Track I, to put aside all the cares of the world that we brought with us, the concerns about what we left back home, and to 'draw near to God' with the promise from His word that when we do 'He will draw near' to us. Excellent word of encouragement for all us newbies!
After our lunch break it was off the the prayer room for several hours of soaking in His presence, where the primary focus is on worship of our great God and King. During many of the worship sets there is often a time of intercession for the needs of God's people around the world. Saturday afternoon much prayer was directed towards the churches in North Korea and also in Mozambique.
Unlike the first day when our time in the prayer room was finished (and so was I!), I had enough energy remaining to attend the Saturday evening service at the Forerunner facility several miles away. There seems to always be a conference or some kind of gathering going on at IHOPKC. Such is the case for the next two weeks with Awakening Teen Camp that began last Friday. Besides the six hundred or so people attending the Saturday evening service, the room was also blessed with the enthusiasm for Jesus of 200 teenagers! To see these kids raising their hands in worship, hooting and hollering for the message, and then praying for one another was amazing! We know that there are teens out there that really love Jesus, because we see it at Changepoint. They are teens who want to worship Him and minister to family, friends, and strangers in His Name. It was pretty awesome to experience that here as well.
As a footnote on the weather, Saturday was the hottest day of the week, topping out at 106 degrees. How hot is 106 degrees? So hot that when I got in my truck to drive back to the house at 5 PM, I was unable to hold the steering wheel with both hands. I needed to keep changing hands because the steering wheel felt like it was on fire!
On to Sunday!
With Affection and His Love,
Kathy
No comments:
Post a Comment