Happy July 4th everyone! Let freedom ring and please, God, continue to bless America!
After considering different options on keeping those back home updated during my time at IHOPKC, I thought that a blog would be the most efficient way to communicate with everyone. Once my classes start, both days and several evenings will be filled with the prayer room, classes, ministry, and homework, so time will be at a premium to contact each of you individually.
I arrived in Kansas City early Monday evening after a family-filled five days in Oklahoma City with my sister, Eileen. My trip half way across the country was uneventful, which is exactly what was prayed over me before I left. My daughter Megan also asked God to give me stamina for the drive that was ahead of me, and He certainly did that. On my second day I covered 1,000 miles and was on the road for over16 hours, so stamina came in very handy. Yay God!
I was feeling a slight sense of apprehension as I drove into Kansas City. I knew in my spirit that I could not NOT be here, that being at IHOPKC was something I was compelled to do. But I was wondering at that moment what I had gotten myself into! I know now the feeling was fear of the unknown, but fortunately for me God caused my faith to rise up. I realized, as I worried, that I am in God's chosen place for me during this season in my life, and that I am to be 'anxious for nothing'. That one verse caused me to give up on the worrying.
The place where I will be living is owned by a lovely Christian woman, Jackie MacGirvin. Jackie has a good-sized home less than two miles from the IHOPKC global prayer room. She rents several of those rooms to other Christian women. I have three housemates, plus Jackie, who live here. God is so good, and He has set me in a place where it appears that each one of us has something of life experience and her walk with God to give to the other four. I look forward to getting to know each of these ladies while, hopefully, offering something of my own life to them.
The reason I am here, the IHOP Simeon Company internship, begins this Friday at 9 AM. It will be a six day schedule filled with the 24/7 prayer room, teaching, ministry, and relationship building. To say I am excited about getting started would be an understatement!
Holy Spirit has already forewarned me that He is bringing me to a new place in Him during my time at IHOPKC, and that He will be working His good pleasure in me from the inside out. I've had some brief experiences with this 'school of the Holy Spirit' in the past, and have come to call this growing in Him 'exquisite pain'. In faith I pray that He will not give me anything that I cannot handle with His guidance and love.
It will be 100+ degrees here all week, so I'm getting a full taste of summer in the mid-west!
Let the adventure begin!
With affection and His love,
Kathy
Hey Kathy, So happy to hear you have arrived and are underway for your big adventure. We will continue to lift you up in prayer as you follow the leading of His Spirit. God Bless You!
ReplyDeleteIn His Love, Mark